Explore the small woodland and grounds of Where Inspiration Blooms and Chartridge Lodge, followed by laying back for an outdoor nature sound spa.
What is a Sound Spa?
A sound spa (also known as a Sound Bath) is a powerful sonic meditation that enables deep relaxation to bring about peace and wellbeing for improved health. The vibrations from the gongs assist the release of emotional and energy blockages in the body and stimulate deep healing on a cellular level.
The gong slows the brainwaves, inducing a dreamlike state and opening us up to take an inner journey where our sense of time disappears and we are left to simply 'be' and vibrate with the gong.
What happens during a Sound Spa?
During a Sound spa you are taken on a deep sonic meditative journey. While you lie down comfortably with your eyes closed. I will play various instruments around you known for their vibratory healing frequencies. You are free to relax and drift off where the sound takes you.
The benefits of a Sound Spa
· Feeling relaxed and rejuvenated
· Increased focus and feeling present
· Reduced stress and a better ability to cope with stressful situations
· Improvement in quality of sleep
· Enhanced creativity and problem solving
· Breaking up of emotional blockages
Some useful tips
At the start we’ll take time to get comfortable and relaxed, so please arrive early, as once we start the doors will be locked.
What to bring
To ensure you’re comfortable, it’s worth wearing loose-fitting clothing, plus bring a yoga mat, blanket, pillow, and eye mask if you have one. (Warm socks can be nice too!)
We’ll be doing some journaling, so bring a special notepad and pen to capture any thoughts, feelings or ideas you experience.
It's worth bringing a bottle of water to ensure you stay hydrated.
• Pregnancy (not recommended under 3 months, due to the unstable nature of any pregnancy during the first trimester.
• Tinnitus/ Menieres / Epilepsy or any condition which is sound sensitive or could be triggered by sound.
• Metal implants/pacemakers etc. (can resonate the metal and also change the rhythm of pacemakers)
• Anyone with a serious Mental Health Condition.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions firstname.lastname@example.org
Complete Outdoors are our primary sponsors for 2018 & 2019. At their Bourne End (Herts) shop, you will discover all of the equipment, clothing and accessories you need to launch your next expedition into the great outdoors - whether a day's hike close to home, or an assault on the Matterhorn.
Could this be you? We are seeking additional sponsors to enable the festival to continue going from strength to strength - get in touch with AWeiss@chilternsaonb.org if you'd like to know more!