Chilterns people past and present have given us plenty to be proud of; from opulent mansions of the rich and famous, to the beautiful villages and hamlets. Our local culture, quirks and industry of generations are presented in entertaining and memorable ways. One of the best ways to explore the rich heritage is the slow way, on foot, bike or horseback. You get to see those tucked away churches, pubs, ancient villages and drovers routes often missed by car. Use the side menu to start your journey.
Chilterns Christmas Competition
Our very generous local business community has offered us a range of fabulous prizes to be won across the two weeks leading up to Christmas. We have designed a competition to test your knowledge of the area, but in a fun and accessible way.
Starting on December 9th and running to December 23rd 2020 inclusive, each day a photograph of a location somewhere in the region will be shared on Facebook on @VisitChilterns and @VisitBucks. Participants will be able to submit their one entry on one of the the FB pages that they have liked, to be in with a chance of winning that day’s prize. The winner will be chosen at random each day.
A full list of participating businesses and their prizes will be published here each day.
Wednesday December 9th:
Claydon Estate: Up for grabs is a 5ft-6ft UK grown, freshly cut, Grade A Nordmann Fir Christmas tree. The Christmas tree prize must be claimed this weekend on 12th and 13th December 2020. And the Celebration Afternoon Tea for Two at the Phoenix Kitchen is valid up until 31st January 2021.
Thursday December 10th:
Key Little Pigs: Today’s 'Treat Yourself Prize’ is a visit for two to Kew Little Pigs - the miniature pigs with huge appeal. This unique experience is enjoyable and you’d be invited to their farm in Amersham. You will enjoy petting, brushing and playing with our pigs, the ultimate stress relief! The offer valid until 31st December 2021.
Friday December 11th:
Malt the Brewery: You’ll enjoy a virtual guided tasting with brewery founders Nick & Jenny Watson. This new experience starts with a guided tasting of four different beers followed by a fascinating and sometimes amusing behind the scenes stories. It's a perfect way to enjoy and share a virtual brewery tour and guided tasting with your family or Covid bubble.
Saturday December 12th:
Chilterns Gifts: The prize is a selection of fabulous, unique new gifts from Chilterns Gifts to celebrate the beauty and unique landscape qualities and local features. You could win a notebook, red kite keyring and tea-towel from the Kites and Clouds range and from A Year in the Chilterns range, a 2021 calendar and A4 photographic print of your choice from their website.
Sunday December 13th
The Nags Head: Dinner, bed & breakfast at the fabulous The Nags Head that welcomes those looking for a bucolic spot to enjoy and take in the beautiful Chilterns countryside. Located in Great Missenden the home of Roald Dahl, there are plenty of cultural and wonderful delights to soak up in the locality.
Monday December 14th
Chiltern Arts Festival: Today’s 'Discovery Prize' celebrates the arts and live performance. Up for grabs are two standard tickets to a concert of the winners' choice at the Chiltern Arts Festival 2021. Taking place in venues across our region, you can enjoy Rachmaninov and Brahms to Orlando de Lassus and Bach amongst others.
Tuesday December 15th
Woody & Friends: Today’s prize is a hamper of essential travel and dog accessories. Woody is a miniature Dachshund and it’s his shop - choosing quality British-made products usually tried and tested - so what’s good for Woody is good for his friends! This prize will need to be collected from the shop in Great Missenden.
Wednesday December 16th
Goring Wildlife Walks: The prize on offer today is a ticket on a 3 hour group wildlife walk: a choice of either the Goring Scenic Circuit or the Streatley Woodland Adventurer.
Thursday December 17th
Puddingstone Distillery: The home of the Campfire Gin range where the gin is distilled, bottled and labelled in small batches. The winner is invited to the distillery, subject to distillery regulations, to try the four expressions of Campfire Gin and to choose their preferred gin to go in the gin gift set.
Friday December 18th
JPS Stationery: Quality Art Starter Packs using Acrylic paint, Watercolour or Pastels. The customer can buy this at the reduced price of £20. Explore the beautiful surroundings or choose their own favourite landmark. Then paint or draw and colour this view. Once their masterpiece is finished the customer can take their artwork to another retailer in Chesham (Orbit Press) and submit the enclosed special offer voucher and have their own artwork reproduced in the form of greetings cards.
Saturday December 19th
Bletchley Park: We have two prizes today: two sets of two adult tickets to Bletchley Park immersive exhibitions and beautiful grounds, you’ll be busy exploring this once top-secret World War Two intelligence centre, and finding out about the remarkable women and men who worked here.
Sunday December 20th
Lambert Arms and Chilterns Trike Tours: A two course dinner in the Kite Restaurant and a few drinks in the cosy bar before a restful night in a spacious Courtyard Rooms. After breakfast, take time to explore the local area with a fabulous Chiltern Trike Tours Your chauffeur, Ash, will collect you from the Lambert Arms on their fabulous Boom Trike, Bumblebee.
Monday December 21st
Waddesdon Manor: Today’s ’Treat yourself' prize will bring a sparkle to your day. An exclusive, elegant Waddesdon Manor sparkling wine comprises of all three Champagne varietals: Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier.
Tuesday December 22nd - final day
Danesfield House Hotel & Spa: Today Treat Yourself prize is afternoon tea for two at Danesfield House Hotel and Spa. It is such a treat going there, with beautiful views over the River Thames whilst you enjoy the sumptuous afternoon tea.
Terms and Conditions
The competition runs from December 9th to December 23rd 2020 inclusive. It is open to residents of Buckinghamshire, Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Oxfordshire in the Chilterns.
- There are some entry restrictions, notably where children have to be accompanied by an adult, or the prize can only be taken by adults. This is specified, where applicable.
- How to enter: A different image taken from somewhere across the Chilterns and neighbouring region will be shared daily on Facebook from the start and end dates above on @VisitChilterns @VisitBucks and partners. Participants will be asked to identify the location bu including it in the comments section of the Facebook post.
Prize details; apart from one prize, no purchase is required.
- Any restriction on the number of entries. One entry per person, per day.
- The daily winner will be chosen at random for the published prize allocated to that day. Prizes will not be switched or re-allocated.
- There is no cash alternative, no exchange and no refunds. It is not transferable and each prize has a validity date by which the prize must be redeemed.
- The prize becomes invalid after these dates that are all specified with each daily prize.
- Winners will receive their prizes or vouchers to participate in experiences by the 31st December 2020.
- Winners will be notified by email within seven days of being randomly selected.
- Winners must confirm their receipt of their prize within 28 days and where applicable, have booked the experience, or liaised with the business owner regarding a date to redeem.
- Due to ongoing Covid-19 business interruption, there is no guarantee that all prizes can be redeemed within the time allocated. Some businesses have special Covid-19 protocols that must be followed according to that business and winners will be expected to liaise directly with that business.
- We will announce each daily winner, unless they specially make their objection known to the organiser not to be identified.
- The organiser of this competition is he Chilterns Tourism Network Berkeley Close, LU7 9FG
- The competition is not open to members of staff, volunteers and participating businesses.
- The competition is open to residents of the Chilterns, Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire, Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, London.